How Do the MetroHealth Friends of Mothers & Infants Help?
Friends of M & I collect, purchase, and distribute brand new:
- The Patty Osher Layette Program ~ infant sleepers, onesies, receiving blankets, quilts, socks, hats
- Toddler Clothing
- Diapers & Wipes
- Portable Playyards
- Maternity Clothing
Our year-round distribution program serves hundreds of needy families annually.
- Referrals are made to Friends of M & I by MetroHealth Center for Community Health social workers.
- Friends of M & I provide practical, quality infant/children’s products.
- Our products are purchased directly from reliable manufacturers at fair prices.
- Over $0.95 of every dollar donated goes directly to serving mothers, infants, and children in need.
Who is Eligible for Assistance?
- Friends of M & I are dedicated to serving clients who receive their health care from the MetroHealth Center for Community Health, a department of the MetroHealth System, targeting the needs of under-served communities in the Greater Cleveland area.
- The locations served include: Broadway Health Center, Buckeye Health Center, J. Glen Smith Health Center, Lee-Harvard Health Center, Thomas F. McCafferty Health Center, Brooklyn Medical Group, Strongsville Medical Group, West Park Medical Group. We also serve Merrick House (West).
How are the MetroHealth Friends of Mothers & Infants Funded?
- Friends of M & I independently procure all funding and donations, receiving both monetary and in kind donations from:
- Grants from Private and Community Foundations