How you can help
Help Provide Basic Essentials to Infants / Children in Need
Looking for a fun service project?
Please consider hosting a Baby Shower for the MetroHealth Friends of Mothers & Infants. Help gather new essential items for infants/children living in poverty in the Greater Cleveland area.
We are happy to provide brochures and a speaker to talk to your group about our mission, goals and service to our community.
- Baby Items Needed
- Infant Clothing and Sleepers
- Sheets and Baby Blankets
- Digital Thermometer
- Diapers – disposable and cloth
- Baby Wipes
- Baby Toys / Board Books
Gear & Equipment
- Single Stroller
- Double Stroller
- Car Seat
- Infant Car Seat
- High Chair
- Crib Mattress
- Play Yard / Travel Yard
- Booster Seat
- Boppy Pillow
- Infant Bath Tub
- Gift Cards to Target
- Infants need up to 12 diapers per day; toddlers about 8 diapers per day.
- An adequate supply of disposable diapers can cost over $100.00 per month.
- Diapers are not available through any public assistance type program.
- In low-income households, babies often spend the entire day or longer in a single diaper, because the family cannot afford to buy an adequate supply of diapers.
- Inadequate diaper changing increases the risk of numerous health problems including diaper rash.
- A baby crying from being in a soiled diaper for a prolonged period of time may be at a greater of physical abuse by the caregiver.
- Childcare centers require parents to provide disposable diapers for their child.
MISSION: MetroHealth Friends of Mothers & Infants promotes the health and well being of families by providing essential items for mothers and infants/children who are clients of the MetroHealth Center for Community Health.
(brand new items please)
blankets and quilts
booties, socks and hats
diapers & wipes
toddler and children’s clothing
underwear and socks
board books/ books for toddlers
For more information please contact: Patty Osher
(216-406-4232 or email@example.com) or contact 216-957-9432
Please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.