- Infants need up to 12 diapers per day; toddlers about 8 diapers per day.
- An adequate supply of disposable diapers can cost over $100.00 per month.
- Diapers are not available through any public assistance type program.
- In low-income households, babies often spend the entire day or longer in a single diaper, because the family cannot afford to buy an adequate supply of diapers.
- Inadequate diaper changing increases the risk of numerous health problems including diaper rash.
- A baby crying from being in a soiled diaper for a prolonged period of time may be at a greater of physical abuse by the caregiver.
- Childcare centers require parents to provide disposable diapers for their child.
MISSION: MetroHealth Friends of Mothers & Infants promotes the health and well being of families by providing essential items for mothers and infants/children who are clients of the MetroHealth Center for Community Health.